Definition of policy in this scoping review:|
• Decisions, plans, and actions that are undertaken to achieve specific health care goals within a society (World Health Organization and Policy Evaluation Network) [6, 7].
• A policy can be seen as a macro-level intervention or is followed by an intervention.
• A policy is supposed to change a system not an individual (addresses group of people) . A policy that has a positive effect on one issue can have a negative effect on another issue at the same time.
Distinctions made for identified document types:
• Policy evaluation: evaluation of macro-level laws/regulations, adopted and implemented at the level of geographically defined political or administrative units, such as supra-national organizations, states, regions, or municipalities.
• Evidence of effectiveness for policymaking: assessment of interventions or evidence on information which has the potential to become a policy intervention.
• Recommendations to guide policymaking: guidelines and recommendations by institutions to adopt or implement interventions which have the potential to become a policy.