|Area||Questions to be considered|
|Knowledge sharing between existing CoPs involved in a multiprofessional/multi-organisational project||
• What are the main CoPs involved in a project?|
• What are the boundaries between those communities?
• What are the existing communication patterns within and across those communities?
• What potential knowledge brokers can be involved in the project?
• What boundary objects might be used to link separated CoPs?
• What boundary interactions between the CoPs can be facilitated by the project?
|Development of new interdisciplinary and inter-organisational communities of practice||
• What is being done to promote the formation of new boundary practices centred around the activities of the collaboration?|
• What are the existing networks that the project can link to?
• Is building a community recognised as a priority by the management of the project?
• What is being done to make the boundaries of the new community permeable and promote knowledge transfer to other settings?
|Developing sufficient identification with the Collaboration||
• What is the distribution of power between the key individuals and communities involved in the project?|
• Does the project create a positive image that may persuade professionals to join it and work constructively in a collaborative way?
• How is the development of functional flexibility and hybrid professional roles supported by the project?
• How does the project satisfy expectations, agendas and motivations of different parties involved?
• How can potential problems relating to multimembership in several communities be envisaged and prevented?