|Theoretical elements (area to measure)||Research questions||Data source and data collection methods|
|Evaluation of adherence|
|Content||- Was each of the intervention components implemented as planned?||x||x||x|
|Frequency/duration (dosage, dose delivery)||- Were the intervention components implemented as often and for as long as planned?||x||x||x|
|Coverage (reach)||- What proportion of the target group participated in the interventions?||x||x||x|
|Potential moderating factors|
- How was the intervention adopted by cluster?|
- Why did clusters agree to participate or not?
- How were the participants engaged with the interventions?|
- How satisfied were the participants with the interventions?
- What were the barriers and facilitators to implement the interventions?
- How complex was the intervention?|
- How specific was the intervention description?
|Strategies to facilitate implementation||
- What strategies were used to support implementation?|
- How were these strategies perceived by staff involved in the interventions?
|Quality of delivery||- How was the quality of delivering the intervention components?||x||x||x||x|
|Recruitment of clusters||- How were clusters sampled and recruited?||x|
|Recruitment and reach-in of individuals||
- What recruitment procedures were used to attract individuals to intervention?|
- What constituted barriers to maintaining involvement of individuals?
|Context||- What factors at political, economic, organizational, and work focus group levels affected the implementation?||x||x||x||x|