If ≥ 70% of participants agreed* the component was acceptable it was retained.|
If < 70% of participants agreed the component was acceptable:
(1) If all three groups discussed the component in the meetings…
• If all were either, unsure whether it was feasible or felt it was unfeasible or unacceptable then it was excluded.
• If two groups felt it was feasible and one did not then this component was considered.
• If only one group felt it was feasible then this component was excluded.
(2) If only two groups discussed the component…
• If one group felt it was unfeasible or unacceptable and the other did not then group composition was considered. For example, if professionals in the mixed group or professional-only group expressed concerns about feasibility, then this was given more weight than if concern was expressed by people with diabetes felt the component was feasible in primary care.
(3) If only one or no groups discussed the component…
• If < 70% participants agreed it was feasible then this component was excluded. If ≥ 70% agreed it was feasible then this component was included.